Synthetic Bone Graft
RegenerOss Synthetic is a calcium phosphate-based mineral with a carbonate apatite structure similar to natural bone combined with Type I collagen derived from bovine Achilles tendon.
The mineral particles are dispersed within collagen fibers forming a 3-dimensional matrix. It is supplied dry and is moldable upon hydration. It is fully resorbed during the natural process of bone formation and remodeling.
- Resorption and remodeling profiles of carbonate apatite mimic natural bone mineral. 2
- Higher osteoconductive properties and earlier bioresorption, compared to HA samples. 3,4,5
- 5% bovine Type I collagen by composition6, provides 3-dimensional structure and porosity to the bone graft.
- Graft is moldable upon hydration and hence it can be placed in bone defect sites of different shapes and sizes. It stays in place at the defect site.
Synthetic Carbonate Apatite Plus Bovine Type I Collagen. Moldable Putty Upon Hydration. Osteoconductive, 3-dimensional Structure for Bone Forming.
Bone Grafting is a common procedure used to prepare a site for dental implant placement in an area where teeth have been loss.
- Cornelini R, Cangini F, Martuscelli G, Wennstrom J. Deproteinized bovine bone and biodegradable barrier membranes to support healing following immediate placement of transmucosal implants: a short-term controlled clinical trial. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 2004; 24:555-563
- Rey, C., Renugopalakrishnan, V., Collins, B. and Glimcher, M., Fourier transform infrared spectroscopic study of the carbonate ions in bone mineral during aging. Calcif. Tissue Int., 1991, 49, 251–258.
- Landi E, Celotti G, Logroscino G, Tampieri A. Carbonated hydroxyapatite as bone substitute. J Eur Cer Soc 2003;23: 2931–2937.
- Doi Y, Shibutani T, Moriwaki Y, Kajimoto T, Iwayama Y. Sintered carbonate apatites as bioresorbable bone substitutes. J Biomed Mater Res 1998;39:603–610.
- Hasegawa M, Doi Y, Uchida A. Cell-mediated bioresorption of sintered carbonate apatite in rabbits. J Bone Joint Surg [Br] 2003;85:142–147.
- Data on File with Collagen Matrix, Inc.
- X-rays should be taken to confirm the bone integrity prior to dental implant placement.
Product clearance and availability may be limited to certain countries/regions. Please contact your local sales representative or customer service team.
Unless otherwise indicated, as referenced herein, all trademarks and intellectual property rights are the property of ZimVie Inc. or an affiliate; and all products are manufactured by Unless otherwise indicated, as referenced herein, all trademarks and intellectual property rights are the property of ZimVie Inc. or an affiliate; and all products are manufactured by one or more of the dental subsidiaries of ZimVie Inc. (Biomet 3i, LLC, ZimVie Dental, Inc., etc.) and marketed and distributed by ZimVie Dental and its authorized marketing partners. Sinus Crestal and Lateral Lift Kits are manufactured by Kaiserprecision Co. For additional product information, please refer to the individual product labeling or instructions for use. Product clearance and availability may be limited to certain countries/regions. This material is intended for clinicians only and does not comprise medical advice or recommendations. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited. This material may not be copied or reprinted without the express written consent of ZimVie. ZV0227IN_EN REV B 08/23 ©2023 ZimVie. All rights reserved.
Customer Service & Technical Support
At ZimVie Dental, our focus is always on you. Priority attention is the hallmark of our service commitment, and we stand ready to offer you an unprecedented level of service and personalized solutions.
Tel.: +91-22-6901-3700 (INDIA)