Puros® Cortical Particulate Allograft
The Power Of Puros Allografts
Clinical Effectiveness Of Grafting With Cortical Particulates
Offers The Density And Strength Of A Cortical Autograft1 Without The Need For Costly And Invasive Bone Harvesting.
- Long-Lasting Regeneration
- Clinically Successful
- Safe And Easy To Use
The Unique Tutoplast Process
For over 40 years, Tutoplast processed tissues have been used in more than five million procedures.8
- The proprietary Tutoplast process assures the highest standard of tissue safety and quality with minimal risk of disease transmission.2,3
- The process preserves the valuable collagen matrix and tissue integrity while inactivating pathogens and gently removing unwanted materials, such as cells, antigens and viruses.3 The result is safe, biocompatible tissue.3
Features & Benefits
- Can be used alone or as a composite graft in space maintenance and volume enhancement procedures1
- Remodels into a dense lamellar structure without sacrificing ridge contour, and into natural viable bone with similar density to native bone4
Safe And Easy To Use
- Sterilized using the proprietary Tutoplast® process
- Tsao YP, Neiva R, Al-Shammari K, Oh TJ, Wang HL. Effects of a mineralized human cancellous bone allograft in regeneration of mandibular Class II furcation defects. J Periodontol. 2006;77:416-425.
- Keith JD Jr, Petrungaro P, Leonetti JA, Elwell CW Jr, Zeren KJ, Caputo C, et al. Clinical and histologic evaluation of a mineralized block allograft: results from the developmental period (2001-2004). Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2006;26:321-327.
- Leonetti JA, Koup R. Localized maxillary ridge augmentation with a block allograft for dental implant placement: case reports. Implant Dent. 2003;12:217-226.
- Froum SJ, Wallace SS, Elian N, Cho SC, Tarnow DP. Comparison of mineralized cancellous bone allograft (Puros) and anorganic bovine bone matrix (Bio-Oss) for sinus augmentation: histomorphometry at 26 to 32 weeks after grafting. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2006;26:543-551.
- Noumbissi SS, Lozada JL, Boyne PJ, Rohrer MD, Clem D, Kim JS, Prasad H. Clinical, histologic, and histomorphometric evaluation of mineralized solvent-dehydrated bone allograft (Puros) in human maxillary sinus grafts. J Oral Implantol. 2005;31:171-179.
- Block MS, Finger I, Lytle R. Human mineralized bone in extraction sites before implant placement. Preliminary results. J Amer Dent Assoc. 2002;133:1631-1638.
- Minichetti JC, D’Amore JC, Hong AYJ, Cleveland DB. Human histologic analysis of mineralized bone allograft (Puros) placement before implant surgery. J Oral Implantol. 2004;30:74-82.
- Data on file with RTI Surgical, Inc.
- Davi E, Aslan M, Simsek G, Yilmaz AB. The effects of bone chips dehydrated with surgical solvent on healing bone defects. JIMR. 2002;30:168-173.
- Le B, Rohrer MD, Prassad HS. Screw “tent-pole” grafting technique for reconstruction of large vertical alveolar ridge defects using human mineralized allograft for implant site preparation. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 68:428-435, 2010.
- Block MS, Degen M. Horizontal ridge augmentation using human mineralized particulate bone: preliminary results. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004;62(Suppl 2):67-72.
- Le B, Burstein J, Sedghizadeh PP. Cortical tenting grafting technique in the severely atrophic alveolar ridge for implant site development. Implant Dent. 2008;17:40-50.
- Wang HL, Boyapati L. “PASS” principles for predictable bone regeneration. Implant Dent. 2006;15:8-17.
- Park SH, Wang HL. Management of localized buccal dehiscence defect with allografts and acellular dermal matrix. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2006;26:589-595.
- Park SH, Wang HL. Mucogingival pouch flap for sandwich bone augmentation: technique and rationale. Implant Dent. 2005;14:349-356.
- Schlegel KA, Schultze-Mosgau S, Wiltfang J, Neukam FW, Rupprecht S, Thorwarth M. Changes in mineralization of free autogenous bone grafts used for sinus floor elevation. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2006;17:673-678.
- Rubio de Rezende ML, Nasciemento de Melo LG, Hamata MM, Monteiro-Amado F. Particulate inlay nasal graft with immediate dental implant placement in a patient with repaired alveolar cleft; case report. Implant Dent. 2008;17:332-338.
- Keith JD Jr, Salama MA. Ridge preservation and augmentation using regenerative materials to enhance implant predictability and esthetics. Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2007;28:614-623.
- Schwartz-Arad D, Levin L, Sigal L. Surgical success of intraoral autogenous block onlay bone grafting for alveolar ridge augmentation. Implant Dent. 2005;14:131-138.
- Levin L, Nitzan D, Schwartz-Arad D. Success of dental implants placed in intraoral block bone grafts. J Periodontol. 2007;78:18-21.
- von Arx T, Buser D. Horizontal ridge augmentation using autogenous block grafts and the guided bone regeneration technique with collagen membranes: a clinical study with 42 patients. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2006;17:359-366.
- Urist MR. Bone: Formation by autoinduction. Science. 1965;150:893-899.
- Effect of terminal gamma sterilization on osteoinductivity. White paper available from RTI Surgical, Inc.
- Data on file with curasan AG.
- Pietak AM, Reid JW, Stott MJ, Sayer M. Silicon substitution in the calcium phosphate bioceramics. Biomaterial. 28 (2008) 4023-4032.
- C. Knabe, P. Ducheyne. Chapter 6 – Cellular response to bioactive ceramics, In: Handbook of Bioceramics and their Applications. Ed: Prof. Dr. Tadashi Kokubo, Woodhead Publishing Inc., Cambridge, UK, 2008, p.133-164.
- Greenspan DC, Hernandez R, Faleris J. Histology of surgically implanted Tutoplast processed dermis; RTI Surgical, Inc.
- Petrungaro P. Correction of iatrogenic gingival recession in the esthetic zone. Inside Dentistry. 2007;11:2-4.
- Petrungaro P. Acellular dermal matrix tissue grafts. Inside Dentistry. 2010;6:34-42.
- Li ST, Chen HC, Lee NS, Ringshia R, Yuen D. A Comparative Study of Zimmer BioMend and BioMend Extend Membranes Made at Two Different Manufacturing Facilities. Zimmer Dental White Paper: 2013.
- Wang HL, Carrol WJ. Guided bone regeneration using bone grafts and collagen membranes. Implant Dent. 2001;32(7):504-515.
- Rothamel D, Schwarz F, Sager M, Herten M, Sculean A, Becker J. Biodegradation of differently cross-linked collagen membranes: an experimental study in the rat. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2005;16(3):369-378.
- Kistler S, Bayer G, Kistler F, Am Lech L. Experience with the biological Tutodent membrane in implant practice. Implantologie Zeitung Journal. 2004;8(7):47-48.
- Simsek B, Simsek S. Evaluation of success rates of immediate and delayed implants after tooth extraction. Chinese Medical Journal. 003;116(8):1216-1219.
- Steigmann M. Pericardium membrane and xenograft particulate grafting materials for horizontal alveolar ridge defects. Implant Dent. 2006;15:186-191.
- Sclar AG. Ridge preservation for optimum esthetics and function: the “Bio-Col” technique. Postgraduate Dentistry. 1999;6:3-11.
- Elian N, Cho SC, Froum S, Smith RB, Tarnow DP. A simplified socket classification and repair technique. Pract Proced Aesthet Dent. 2007;19:99-104, quiz 106.
- Data on file with Collagen Matrix, Inc.
- Yuen D, Junchaya C, Zuclich G, Ulreich JB, Lin H, Li S. A resorbable, reconstituted, type I collagen membrane for guided tissue regeneration and soft tissue augmentation. Society for Biomaterials, Sixth World Biomaterials Congress Transactions, p. 1288, 2000.
- Bunyaratavei P, Wang HL Collagen membranes: a review. J Periodoritol. 2001;7 2:215-229.
- Wallace SS, Mazor Z, Froum SJ, Cho SC, Tamow DP. Schneiderian membrane perforation rate during sinus elevation using piezosurgery: clinical results of 100 consecutive cases. IntJ Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2007;27:413-419.
- Wang HL, Shotwell JL, ltose T, Neiva RF. Multidisciplinary treatment approach for enhancement of implant esthetics. lmplant Dent. 2005;14:21-29.
- Data on file with Collagen Matrix, Inc.
- Tudor C. Srour S, Thorwarth M, Wehrhan F, Stockmann P, Neukam FW et al. Bone regeneration in osseous defects – application of particulated human bovine materials. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2008;105:430-436.
- Instructions for Use.
- Trentz OA, Hoerstrup SP, Sun LK, Bestmann L, Platz A, Trentz OL. Osteoblasts response to allogenic and xenogenic solvent dehydrated cancellous bone in vitro. Biomaterials. 2003;24:3417-3426.
- Tadic D, Epple M. A thorough physicochemical investigation of 14 calcium phosphate based bone substitution materials in comparison to natural bone. Biomaterials. 2004;25:987-994.
- Ploger M, Wolf HK, Schau I, von der Haar A. Rekonstrucktion and Augmentation mittels eines kortikospongiösen Tutodent CS Blocks. BDIZ Konkret. 2005;2:84-86.
- Onur R, Singla A. Solvent-dehydrated cadaveric dermis: a new allograft for pubovaginal sling surgery. J Urol. 2005:12:801-805.
Unless otherwise indicated, as referenced herein, all trademarks and intellectual property rights are the property of ZimVie Inc. or an affiliate; and all products are manufactured by one or more of the dental subsidiaries of ZimVie Inc. (Biomet 3i, LLC, Zimmer Dental, Inc., etc.) and marketed and distributed by ZimVie Dental and its authorized marketing partners. Cancelle SP® is a registered trademark of RTI Surgical, Inc. Tutoplast is a registered trademark of Tutogen Medical GmbH. Safescraper is a trademark of C.G.M. S.P.A. NovaBone is a registered trademark of NovaBone Products, LLC. BioMend, BioMend Extend, CopiOs, CopiOs Extend, OsseoGuard, OsseoGuard Flex , and Socket Repair Membranes are manufactured by Collagen Matrix, Inc. Collagen Matrix is not a subsidiary of ZimVie Inc. IngeniOs products are manufactured by Curasan AG. Safescraper is manufactured by META Advanced Medical Technology. NovaBone Dental Putty is manufactured by NovaBone Products, LLC. Puros is manufactured by RTI Surgical, Inc. CopiOs Xenograft and CopiOs Pericardium are manufactured by Tutogen Medical GmbH. RegenaVate is manufactured by RTI Surgical, Inc. RegenePro is manufactured by Syntacoll GmbH. RegenerOss Allograft Putty Plus is manufactured by Interpore Cross International with tissue provided by LifeLink Tissue Bank. (AATB Certified). Screw Fixation Kits are manufactured by Medicon e.G. Endobon is manufactured by Biomet France, Sarl. RegenerOss Allograft Particulate products are distributed by ZimVie and processed by Community Tissue Services. Prior to August, 2016, distinct lots of RegenerOss Allograft Particulate products were processed by University of Miami Tissue Bank (UMTB). Orders may be fulfilled with product originating from either or both tissue establishment until depletion of UMTB stock. For additional product information, please refer to the individual product labeling or instructions for use. Product clearance and availability may be limited to certain countries/regions. This material is intended for clinicians only and does not comprise medical advice or recommendations. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited. This material may not be copied or reprinted without the express written consent of ZimVie.
To request a paper copy of the Instructions for Use, contact ZimVie Dental Customer Service